Saturday, June 6, 2015

Where the stars at night shine big and bright...

So, let me be honest.
I am not really a fan of Texas.
Aside from some friends and family, there really are no redeeming qualities with this big flat state.

There.. I said it.
But I am not the only one that thinks so.

Anyway.. I passed a field today. There were zero trees and that field went on for 15 minutes.

Not 'said' field.. just another one of many.

 But there are some beautiful drives..



There are scenic byways... tumbleweeds and little cacti.. fat American's in large chain gas stations that bump into you and want to buy worthless crap.

(No photos of that.. so sorry.)

At least the rain hasn't been an issue. In fact, the word of the flooding has been nil for us.
Zilch water.
Just heat.
95+ deg heat baking off of the vast concrete that stretches on and on and on...

 



Anyway.. Trying our best to cross this vast state.



I promise to have 50% less cynicism when we reach New Mexico in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are reviewed before posting to keep spam out.